Cookies & Clickstream Technology, Including Opting Out
As you navigate the Site, we may also collect information about you through the use of common information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons (collectively “Website Navigational Information”). Website Navigational Information includes standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on the Site (such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked).
There are different kinds of cookies with different functions:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session. They are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. They usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page. They do not collect any information from your computer.
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is one stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
- First-party cookies: the function of this type of cookie is to retain your preferences for a particular website for the entity that owns that website. They are stored and sent between Island Light Creative’s servers and your computer’s operating system. They are not used for anything other than for personalization as set by you. These cookies may be either Session or Persistent cookies.
- Third-party cookies: the function of this type of cookie is to retain your interaction with a particular website for an entity that does not own that website. They are stored and sent between the Third-party’s server and your computer’s or device’s hard drive. These cookies are usually Persistent cookies.
We do use third-party cookies on our Sites, as well as third party provided web beacons (please see the section on Web Beacons below). These cookies are used by us and our marketing partners to better understand your preferences and to tailor and improve your experience on the site based on our impressions of your interests.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as logging into your account and using a shopping cart, cannot be provided. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal or customized features. For instance, the Site needs to remember your log in details, so that you do not have to repeatedly sign in to your account when using a particular device to access our Site. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remember where you have been on the Internet.
- Performance & Analytics Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a Site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. They also allow us to record and count the number of visitors to the Site, all of which enables us to see how visitors use the Site in order to improve the way that our Site works. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a person, as all information these cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous.
Please Note: We embed videos or insert links to videos from YouTube on our website(s). As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from or linked to YouTube, you may be presented with cookies from YouTube. If you opt out of advertising and marketing cookies here, YouTube may still utilize cookies for those embedded videos and links. You can control YouTube cookies by visiting https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies.
For information on all of these categories of cookies, and for more information generally on cookies please refer to aboutcookies.org.
OPTING OUT OF COOKIES
There are various ways for you to manage cookies and other technologies.
Through your browser settings, you can disable cookies (and other tracking tools) or request to be prompted before accepting cookies from the Sites and other websites you visit. These cookies may also permit you to delete cookies you already have. Please consult your web browser’s ‘Help’ documentation or visit aboutcookies.org. for more information about how to turn cookies on and off for your browser. If you use different browsers and computers, you will need to adjust the appropriate cookie settings for each browser and computer. Certain parts of the Site may function differently and you may not be able to use some portions of our Site if you choose to disable cookies entirely.
There are several browser extensions that allow you to manage cookies and personalize your browsing experience. Since these extensions are made by third party providers, Island Light Creative does not control these features and cannot provide technical support for these products.
Targeted Advertising Cookies
You may opt out of receiving advertising cookies from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA’s) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. Please visit the Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page or the Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Page to opt out directly from providers who participate in those programs.
The Site may also use web beacons (including web beacons supplied or provided by third parties) alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about users’ usage of the Site and interaction with e-mails from Island Light Creative. Web beacons are transparent electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you view a particular Site tied to the web beacon, and a description of a Site tied to the web beacon. We use web beacons to operate and improve the Sites and e-mail communications. We may use information from web beacons in combination with other data we have about our customers to provide you with information about Island Light Creative and our services. We will conduct this review on an anonymous basis.
When you visit our Sites, Island Light Creative collects your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-Personal Information. For example, Island Light Creative uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which users navigate the Sites. IP addresses will be stored in such a way so that you cannot be identified from the IP address. In addition, Island Light Creative uses your IP address to get an approximate location so we can find you. We do this for both your convenience, as well as for legal compliance reasons.
The major internet browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, Island Light Creative’s Sites are not compatible with DNT.