We published dozens of pages of content for MULTIHULLS magazine.
Along with bylined feature articles, we also wrote original content for various sections of the magazine.
Other responsibilities included:
- Planning and managing all aspects of the magazine’s publication and distribution
- Developing each issue’s editorial content from start to finish
- Working with primary sources to finalize specific stories
- Coaching and supervising support personnel
- Collaborating with stakeholders to determine upcoming issues’ content and topics
- Coordinating editorial and layout meetings
- Planning and approving assignments for writers
- Setting schedules and enforcing deadlines (for writers, photographers, designers, etc.)
- Overseeing proofreading procedures and editing copy when necessary
- Assisting in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
- Attending industry events (boat shows)
Remember: An article in a popular magazine is a great way to inform and entertain the target audiences you’re looking to reach.
We can help you attract more customers and clients to your small business by conveying just the right message with an article in a local magazine.
Learn more about how Island Light Creative can help promote your business with an engaging article in a local or national magazine.
We edited & proofread hundreds of pages of magazine content while working with MULTIHULLS Magazine.
This work involved not just finding and correcting the common spelling and grammar errors made by contributing writers, but also acting as an integral part of the editorial department.
Remember: Even if you do have the talent and the time to write, having an extra set of eyes to look over your content is highly advantageous…
Spelling and grammar checkers installed in most writing applications are great, but they miss things, too. Often, these automated programs fail to properly evaluate the context and true intended meaning of the written word.
And although your web pages, press releases, ad copy and email marketing text may prove refreshingly free of typos, punctuation errors and grammar-stammers, good old-fashioned readability still counts for a lot.
By ensuring the readability of your content is simple and clear, you’re automatically helping to grow your audience by making it easier for people to grasp the message of your content. Also, you’re not writing readable content just for people anymore: If it’s online, even virtual assistants like Alexa and Siri have to be able to work with it as well. And Google increasingly uses well-written (highly readable) pieces of content for rich results like featured snippets.
No matter what you’re doing with the written word to promote your business, we can help spot the errors, make the appropriate corrections and offer helpful suggestions for improving your content.
While working with MULTIHULLS magazine, we produced email marketing campaigns to promote upcoming issues of the magazine, as well as boat shows held around the country that we’d be attending. The email campaigns were sent monthly to the Catamaran Company’s 100,000+ contact database.
Regularly communicating with your prospects and customers increases your brand recognition and keeps them informed about special promotions and upcoming events. We can also help you harness the power and efficiency of email marketing to provide useful information to your target audience about exciting developments of your products and services.
Learn more about how Island Light Creative can promote your business with its strategic, expert email marketing services.
Our website copywriting work with MULTIHULLS Magazine included the home page, articles section, Industry News, the Videos page, Submit an Article page and Shows & Events pages.
Remember: Effective website copywriting conveys professionalism, promotes trust, and engages the reader immediately. It gets right to the point. Conveying pertinent information with a minimum of the superfluous, it must satisfy two audiences: your website visitors and search engines.
If your small business needs help with website copywriting, give Island Light Creative a call.
Boat Show Marketing
We helped Multihulls Magazine to promote its presence at some of the largest in-water boat shows around the country.
- Miami International Strictly Sail Boat Show, in Miami, FL
- United States Sailboat Show in Annapolis, MD
- Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- St. Petersburg Power & Sailboat Show in St. Petersburg, FL
- Several boat shows produced by The Catamaran Company at its Las Olas docks location in Fort Lauderdale, FL and Edgewater, MD.
While at the shows, we took pictures of the boats and the crowds, interviewed yacht brokers and catamaran designers, (had a great time!), and then put it all together for magazine articles and content marketing efforts.